Friday, February 1, 2008

Maggie the Magnolia


Maggie the Magnolia

This wonderful Magnolia tree (Maggie) is surrounded by marble tiles my husband found on the side of the road. Someone dumped these broken tiles by the river a couple of blocks from our house.

Last year, my best friend Wanda passed away, as a memorial we bought this tree and planted it in our yard. We decided that "Maggie" needed to stand out. so we surrounded it with these marble tiles. What do you think? It looks great and the tiles didn't end up in the river. Way to recycle! Besides, they were FREE!!!

2 comments:

Data Babble said...

I like magnolia trees as well. In which part of the country are you?

carouselshell said...

I live in Illinois, right on the border between Illinois and Iowa, in the Quad Cities!
I like Magnolias too. It was a no brainer what type of memorial I wanted to place for my friend.