Monday, January 14, 2008

We've Gone Off the Rails

We've Gone Off the Rails
This really great plant stand was the perfect addition to our back yard. Believe it or not, it used to be a porch railing. My husband used to work for an awning company in south Florida, the job they were doing required them to remove a porch railing. Rather than throw away the old railing, my husband turned it into this great stand. This stand was original made to hold 3 fish tanks, One in the middle and one on each side. A few years ago, we moved to Illinois and no longer had a need for such a big fish stand.
In 2004 my husband and I bought a house. In our yard, we have a mature Honeysuckle vine, it was a mess! Now it has a home, and so does the stand. I guess you could say that we re-recycled that old railing. I Love this stuff!
*By the way... The 3 Bird housed hanging in the picture were also made with recycled material.

No comments: