Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Paper Beads


Paper Beads


Who ever said that paper isn't good for anything except to write on. I have three children, and you wouldn't believe how many pieces of paper they bring home in one weeks time. I decided that I was going to come up with a really great project that would last for years to come.

If tou take strips of paper and cut them into long triangles, then start with the bigger end, start rolling it up, around a pencil or wooden skewer until you get to the end. once you've finished rolling it, glue the whole surface of the "bead" and let it dry.

I took the paper beads and mixed them with wooden beads and clay faces I made, and made a beaded curtain out of them. I love the look and no one else has one like it. The best of all is that the paper I used will never end up in the landfill.

No comments: