Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Under the Sea Bedroom Idea


Under the Sea Bedroom Idea



When my children were younger, I wanted to do something fun with their room. Since we were renting the house we were living in, painting the walls in wild designs and colors was out of the question. After some thought I came up with this idea. I think the plants look pretty realistic and more importantly, everything you see on the wall is completely removable.

By the way, the bench that you're looking at is made from a pallet, and the table is made from recycled wood. Inside of the table is a puzzle that my husband and I put together and epoxied to the top.

Back to the wall...

All you need to make these plants is contact paper! I bought a couple of rolls of white contact paper and painted it with green paint (keep some of it white for later). Keep in mind that these are plants, do not paint it solid green, just paint the paper with one or two strokes (keep the direction the same. for instance either paint up and down or left to right, don't do both). Once the paint is dry, then just cut the paper into wavy strips, and then begin arranging them on the wall. Since contact paper is made to be removed, it is completely repositionable.

The fish are cut out of fabric. I just cut around the outline of the fish and sprayed the back with spray glue. (Be very careful to use one that is not perminate! Do not put the glue on the wall, only spray the back of the fabric... This will keep it a temporary bond allowing you to remove it when the time comes.)

I added bubbles in different sizes above the fish's mouthes and dotted around the room. These bubbles were just circles cut out of the white paper you set aside earlier.

No comments: