Thursday, March 6, 2008

Cash Wreath

Cash Wreath
Many years ago, while I was on vacation in Michigan, We were exchanging gifts around my Grandmas christmas tree. My aunt Pat gave her daughter a great gift that I've never forgotten.
Aunt Pat gave her daughter a wreath made of cash. I thought it was a great way to give money without just out putting it in a envelope.
Basically what she did was take fifty one dollar bills and folded them in half. She took a wooden wreath (one that looks like it's made from wood chips, like mulch I'm sure you've seen them) With a philips screwdriver, she carefully pushed the cash into the wreath, making it look like a flower. Once all the money is in the wreath, then you can fill in the spaces with fabric squares. This project is easy, fun and makes a great gift. The person you give it to will always remember how much you care and know that the gift was made just for them.

No comments: