Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Match Box

Match Box
Think back to when you were young, and bored! I think about all the wonderful crazy things I used to create! We tend to loose our ability to be fun and crazy the older we get. A couple of years ago, I wanted to make something special for my husband. I have mentioned before that I am not an artist, for this reason I knew I couldn't sculpt a bust or paint a great portrait. I decided to do something different.
I bought a 3 pack of those big wooden matches, (not the long ones) and began to glue them together side by side. After about a week of crafting in secret, I finally came up with a really cute box. I woodburned my husbands name in the lid then stained and polyed the whole thing.
My husband loved it, and I felt good.
..When you cut off the match tips, be sure to get rid of all the evidence if you're making something that will be a gift. Unfortunatly, my husband figured out that I was making something with matches, but he didn't know what I was making.

No comments: