Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Hanging Candle Holder


Hanging Candle Holder


Have you got some extra fabric laying around the house that you really like? Well this project was designed to use up some of that fabric. My husband and I have tried our hand at doing craft shows in the past (It's not for me). This candle holder is one of the craft items that we came up with for one of those shows.
My husband cut a curly-cue out of a piece of wood, for the hanger. The bottom is blocks of wood cut at different sizes and the base (under the fabric) is just a frame made from scraps of wood. The ball at the bottom was just a wooden ball I had in my collection of crafting supplies. Once the fabric was glued on, I took a small piece of trim to hide the edges. My husband and I made two of these candle holders and a shelf to go with them, that I will write about in a future post.
By the way, as you may have guessed, this project is made from recycled materials.

No comments: