Thursday, January 10, 2008

Can you make a clock from a Cardboard barrel?

Can you make a clock from an old cardboard barrel? YES you can! My husband is a welder and the wire that he uses to weld with comes in large cardboard barrels. It seemed like such a waste that the company he works for throws out the barrels when they're empty. Knowing that there had to be something he could do with it, my Husband brought one home. For months, the barrel sat in our workshop collecting dust. One day we were walking through a store and I found a really great "Old World Style" Clock. I was in love. Unfortunately the clock cost more than I was willing to pay. This gave my Husband an idea.

My husband cut the barrel to the size he wanted, He decided to use the bottom. We glued a great picture onto the face, attached the workings and added numbers. I have to say, this is my favorite clock in the house. By the way, it's over 20'' across the front and it only cost us about $10.00. Gotta love recycling!!!

No comments: