Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Etched Indian Chief Mirror



Etched Indian Chief Mirror
Looking for a great gift idea? I have just the thing. This Mirror is really quite easy to create.
Finding a great gift for a man can be really difficult, and making one for him is equally as hard. I have spent many hours searching the net, books, and magazines for a great gift idea for my husband or brother. Finally I gave up.
My husband and I have been crafting for years, sometimes we come up with great ideas and sometimes we can't get rid of our failed project fast enough. This Mirror is one of our success stories.
Etching a mirror is really quite easy. I will try to talk you through it.
You need:
  • A mirror
  • A drawing (your choice)
  • Carbon paper
  • an etching tool
  • Spray paint

Tape the drawing and carbon paper to the back of the mirror and trace around the image.

Once the image is drawn, use the etching tool to etch along the trace lines.

After the etching is done, spray the back of the mirror and let it dry.

The mirror can then be framed and hung with pride.

I hope this gift idea has inspired you to get out there and try something new.

No comments: