Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Beaded Red Rose


Beaded Red Rose
This pin would make a great Mother's Day gift or it could be given as a small token of appreciation.


Every year for Mother's Day I try to make a little something special for the women I work with. This small pin was perfect. I got the idea from a book I was reading. In the book (I'm sorry I don't remember the name) they were making a purse I think. I decided to take the technique I learned and turn it into something pretty.

I will try to walk you through the steps to make this everlasting flower. This pin only takes about Ten minutes to make, so you can have a bouquet in no time.

You will need:

  • Atleast two colors of seed beads (I used Red and Dark Green)
  • about 24" of very thin wire (26 or 28 gauge will work fine)
  • A pin back
  • A Wire cutter and pliers

Thread 30 "flower color" beads onto the wire (go about to the middle of the wire). After you add the last bead, fold it into a loop and twist the wire ends together. You will have a loop of beads in the middle of the wire.

Repeat this process until you have four loops side by side. Rotate between the two wire ends when threading the beads.




Take all four loops and twist them together to make it look like a flower bud.


Thread 15 "stem color" beads under the "Bud" and loop it. Do this twice, once on each wire. Once you're done, push them up against the "Bud" so they look like the leaves around a flower. Twisting the wire ends together under the whole thing.


Thread several "stem color" beads onto both wires together. (about 5 or 6 beads). Seperate the wires and thread about 15 "stem color" beads onto one of the wires and create a loop. then twist the wires back together.



Thread about 16 more " stem color" beads onto the wires. Thread the last bead in opposite directions on the two wires to finish it off. Use the wire cutter to snip the excess wire and the pliers to smooth out the edges.


Use hot glue to attach the pin back and enjoy.


If you found this gift Idea helpful, please leave a comment.

No comments: