Friday, January 11, 2008

You Did WHAT? With that Headboard!

You Did What, With That Headboard?

Don’t throw away that old headboard! Turn it into a shelf. My husband is the type of person who loves to drive the neighborhood looking for treasures. You have no idea what he brings home. Every time citing his favorite saying, “This could come in handy one day”. Unfortunately that day could be years from now. What’s a woman to do? Turn that trash to treasure.

This wonderful shelf used to be a headboard! Every part of the original headboard was used (in fact that is how we determined the size). The only thing we added were dowels for decoration & support, then I painted it. The decoration in the middle was original to the headboard; I just painted it to enhance it.

1 comment:

Jenn Thorson said...

It's a nice reuse idea for the headboard-- I agree with your husband's philosophy of "It could come in handy someday"-- largely because inevitably it really DOES. :)

My trash rescues tend to be dining chairs, because I can carry them myself and they're not hard to reupholster.

I look forward to seeing what you come up with next!