Saturday, January 12, 2008

What the HECK is a "Pallet Fence"?




What the HECK is a "Pallet Fence"?


My husband works for a big company here in the Quad Cities. Twice a day they empty and dispose of the industrial pallets (7'X7' -300#). These pallets are eventually broken down into wood chips. What a waste!


Knowing that there had to be something he could do with them, he began to bring them home. Do you know how many 7' pallets it takes to fill a 50' driveway? about 72. Trust me I know, I had these in my yard for a year. I finally told him that we had to do something with them, since the neighbors were begining to ask questions.


Our yard measures 250' X 150'. We knew it would be an expensive chore to put up a privacy fence. But my genius husband had that covered. This is a picture of the finished fence that he made from those pallets. The final cost for materials was around $ 1500 for a 700' foot- 51/2 high wooden privacy fence. Not only did we get a unique fence, but we recycled thousands of pounds of wood that would have been thrown away.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That is so cool Shelly! Thanks for linking me to your Blog.